Tour Guide Openings Spring 2022
We have openings for our Dublin, Old Worthington and German Village Food Tours.
Columbus Food Adventures is looking for outgoing and passionate food tour guides to lead 3-4 hour guided food tours. These walking tours combine history and culture with stops at multiple restaurants, giving guests the flavor of a neighborhood and its local cuisines. We are looking for friendly guides who will be great ambassadors not only for our business but for the Columbus food scene and the city.
Do you have a strong appreciation for Columbus and its food scene? A high energy & confidence to lead tours in a timely, warm and intelligent fashion? Ability to communicate and interact well with others? If you answered YES, you may be our ideal candidate!
This is a part time position (typically 8-12 hours per month) where Saturday availability is a must. Guides must be available at least two Saturday afternoons a month, and flexibility in scheduling is ideal. We may also consider candidates with Sunday afternoon availability.
• Passionate about food and knowledgeable about local restaurants.
• Interested in learning about local history and/or different cuisines.
• Tour guide experience or experience with public speaking. Confidence in public speaking is essential.
• Outgoing and approachable.
• Physically capable of walking multiple blocks and standing for at least 3.5 hours at one time in all kinds of weather.
• Reliable, organized, and punctual with good time management.
• Diplomatic, customer-satisfaction-oriented attitude.
• Ability to positively and professionally interact with chefs, managers, servers, and restaurant owners.
• Adaptable and calm, with an ability to trouble shoot.
• Well informed about the city of Columbus and other attractions for visitors. CTA (Certified Tourism Ambassador) certification is desirable.
To apply for a position please submit a resume, cover letter, and references to bethia @ columbusfoodadventures.com
Compensation: Flat tour rate of $80-90 plus gratuities.
We will be accepting applications until March 18th.