Thanksgiving 2021 Food Ideas
Thanksgiving is a little more normal this year and one silver lining of the pandemic is that there are some great at home dining options. If you’re trying to figure out where to go for dinner, want to outsource dessert, or just aren’t up for cooking the whole feast from scratch, this year there are more options than ever before. Below we’ve created a list of purveyors with Thanksgiving offerings and have organized them into the following categories: dine in, prepared carryout meals, turkeys both cooked and uncooked, and pies and baked goods. Please feel free to add other suggestions in the comments.
- The Guild House will be open on the holiday 10am-8pm serving a prix fixe Thanksgiving menu as well as their regular menu. The Thanksgiving meal is priced at $49 per person | $79 per person with wine pairings. Menu link.
- Tucci’s is open from 11am-6pm and offering a 3 course Thanksgiving dinner for $70 per person. Reservations required. Menu link.
- Lindey’s have an a la carte menu which does include turkey and plenty of other options. It is offered for lunch and dinner. Menu link.
- Nicola will be open offering a la carte and traditional menu (no details posted yet)
- Valter’s at the Maennechor is offering dine in on Thanksgiving from 11am-7pm. (menu online on Thursday 11th). Valter’s at the Maennechor is also offering carry out meals.
- Columbus Navigator has a few other suggestions here.
Full Prepared meals:
Be aware that some meals include dessert and some do not and you will want to order dessert separately.
- Veritas offering a traditional thanksgiving dinner to go for 4-6 people for $350. Menu link.
- Smokehouse Brewing Co. is offering a Holiday Feast To Go! Hickory smoked turkey, whole pork shoulder or beef brisket. Bundle with all the trimmings or standalone. Order hot or cold. Pick up the day before or hot on Thanksgiving morning. Bonus: you get a growler of Christmas Ale when you order the entire package. Menu link.
- Sister brands Together & Co, Kitties’s Cakes and Sweet Carrot are collaborating again this year with meal bundles that draw from all three companies. There are two bundles to choose from, one that includes the full meal, one that is just sides or you can order a la carte. Menu link. Order by November 15th.
- The Refectory is offering a 4 course home dinner menu for Thanksgiving priced at $59 per person. Menu link. Order by November 16th. (did you know that they have a fantastic wine shop?)
- Lindey’s, who are celebrating their 40 anniversary this year are offering ‘Sue’s Thanksgiving at Home’ $350 for 10 people which must be preordered by November 18th. Menu link.
- Ray Ray’s is accepting Thanksgiving orders through November 19th and has a variety of options including smoked turkey, ham and ribs as well as the ‘ultimate package’. Order form. Pick up in Clintonville or Westerville.
- Cameron Mitchell Thanksgiving in a Box feeds 10 people and is priced at $350 with two different turkey choices. You can also add a flower arrangement. This year they are also offering an a la carte menu which you can get packed for car travel up to 5 hours. Menu link. Order by Monday November 15th.
- Bleu & Fig is offering an ‘Everything but the Turkey’ ala carte menu available to pick up November 24th. Choose from 4, 8 or 12 servings. They are also offering a variety of holiday menus including brunch, heavy hors d’oeuvres and holiday buffet perfect for entertaining. menu link.
- Comune is offering a 5 course vegan Thanksgiving kit for 2 or 4 people as well as a la carte sides. Pick up on 11/24 Order form/menu details
- The Market Italian Village is offering a customizable Thanksgiving dinner that serves 2, 4 or 6 people. You choose one entree, three sides and one dessert. A la carte dishes are also available. You have to start an order to see the menu. Menu/order link.
- Weiland’s has heat and eat Thanksgiving dinner available $18.99 per person (minimum of 4 people) available to pick up November 22nd-24th. Pre order by Friday 19th 7pm. Menu Link.
- Hen Quarter in Dublin has a Thanksgiving Feat Box ($120 for up to 4 people). Menu/order link.
- The Whitney House has a take and bake menu with a wide variety of take and bake options and some salads, shrimp cocktail and other items that would work for holiday entertaining. Order by November 21st. Details on their Instagram.
- Brown Bag Deli is offering a variety of homemade sides available for pre-order. Inquire at the Deli for details.
- If you’re looking for something a little less traditional Bonifacio has some Thanksgiving packages including adobo ribs, brisket smoked in banana leaves, or Manila style whole fried chicken. All come with an array of side options. Order here.
Turkeys cooked and uncooked
We are big fans of Thurn’s smoked turkey and they will have smoked ham, duck, pheasant and salmon too. They will be open for pick ups Wednesday 9-3pm. Ordering ahead is advisable.
Smokehouse Brewing Co. and Ray Ray’s also offer a la carte smoked turkey (see above). Pecan Penny’s (downtown) also have smoked turkeys, pies and Thanksgiving bundles.
If you’re looking to purchase a local turkey to cook at home here are some suggestions:
Butcher and Grocer
Park Street Poultry & Game
Blues Creek Farm Meats
Pies and Baked Goods
- Several Cameron Mitchell locations (including The Pearl, The Barn and Cap City) will offer whole pies to-go for your Thanksgiving meal at home. Details here.
- Bake Me Happy is taking Thanksgiving orders through November 17th and they’ll have you covered for all your gluten free needs. link.
- Another gluten free option is Food For Good Thought Bakery who have pies, cheesecakes, pumpkin rolls, pie crusts and cookie plates available for pre-order. Call to order by 11/19. Instagram
- Cherbourg Bakery (nut and gluten free) is offering take and bake rolls, pies and stuffing. Available daily from 11/19. No pre-orders. More details.
- Pattycake Bakery has a holiday menu with pies, DIY cookie decorating and take and bake sticky buns! Keep them in mind if you are catering for any vegans this holiday.
- Dough Mama has their menu posted and it includes 6 different pies as well as some savory baked goods. menu link.
- Fox in the Snow has pumpkin and bourbon pecan holiday pies and other baked goods available for pre-order with pick up at their three locations on November 24th. order link.
- La Chatelaine has a variety of breads, pies, quiches, soups and sides available for pre-order (by November 21st). See their website or social media for details.
- Cambridge Tea House is offering three pies for Thanksgiving this year: chocolate bourbon pecan, sour cream apple and pumpkin. website link
- Dan The Baker will be open Tuesday and Wednesday with breads and seasonal items (no pre-orders).
- Mrs Goodman’s is offering pies and cookies that look like pies! Instagram.
- Pistacia Vera has a delicious Pear Cranberry Almond Tart and other baked goods available to order.
- Kittie’s has four pies available for Thanksgiving as well as mini cupcakes. Order link.
- Ohio Pies has 5 pies to choose from including two apple pies made with Branstool Orchards apples. Order by November 15th order link.
- Three Bites Bakery is offering a salted caramel apple slab pie Order by November 19th. link.
- Fourteen Twenty Nine is a dessert based social enterprise working to provide assistance to victims of human trafficking. They have a Thanksgiving treat box, spice cake and take and bake cinnamon rolls. Order link.
- Angie’s Rainbow Cookies have a Thanksgiving platter. website
- The Buckeye Lady has a special Thanksgiving box o’ bucks with seasonally inspired flavors. Plus plenty of OSU inspired options for any tailgating needs. more details.
- Patisserie Lallier is offering a small Thanksgiving menu including dinner rolls, Hazelnut honey tarts and gâteaux Basques. Order link.
For potatoes, herbs, vegetables, squash mushrooms and apples, maple syrup and much more we encourage you to support your local farmers markets and small independent grocery stores. Needless to say it has been a hard year for small businesses. Clintonville, North Market and Worthington Farmers Markets will both be open through Thanksgiving. We’re fans of the small but mighty Beechwold Farm Market (which is open Saturday am and Tuesday pm).